- How do we use your information?
- How do we use your information?
- Do you use information from Children?
- Can I opt out?
What information do we collect from you?
In General: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request additional information such as a password or other security-related information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general, some information about you is required in order for you to receive ODDS services; or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information from Other Sources: We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information. In addition, if you sign up to use our social media accounts, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with the provider's policies. The information may include your name, email address, profile picture, gender, list of friends, and other information that you authorize us to receive depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider.
Automatic Information: We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as pages viewed on our site. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping us understand how our customers use our website and software tools so we can customize your user experience and inhibit fraud.
Under EU privacy law, we must have a legal basis to process personal information. In most cases the legal bases for our processing, under EU law, will be one of the following:
- to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for example, to provide the services or to ensure that invoices are paid correctly;
- to meet our legitimate interests, for example to: understand how you use our services and to enable us to use this knowledge to improve our products and to develop new ones; to communicate with you about the products and services that you use or we offer; maintain our accounts and records; to assess patterns of use; and to plan and evaluate our marketing and business development programs. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place, when needed, safeguards designed to protect your privacy interests, freedoms, and rights under applicable laws.
- To verify your user status, we will verify that you are a subscriber and that you have paid for particular content that requires payment or that you satisfy other conditions concerning particular content (e.g., geographic or time restrictions);
- To process your transactions, including for billing purposes;
- To confirm your subscription to or cancellation from any particular purchases or licenses;
- To improve our services;
- To update and inform you about our services and products;
- If we receive a testimonial, success story, comment, or feedback from you via email or written communication, at our discretion, we may display it on our site, including First Name, Last Initial, City, and State unless you explicitly state otherwise.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with any subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We reserve the right to use and disclose your Personal Information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, infringement of our intellectual property or a third party, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or violations of our terms-of-use, or as otherwise required by law.
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of Personal Information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures which we regard as appropriate to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect online. We use encryption technology to protect the security of the information collected and transmitted on our website. When our registration and order forms ask users to enter sensitive Personal Information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software currently available in the industry, which is known as SSL. In addition, your account Information is password-protected for your protection. After a successful login, you can change your password at your discretion. We recommend that you choose a password that would be difficult to guess, that you change your password periodically and that you keep your password secret (including by not allowing friends or family members to use your account and password). You acknowledge that you are responsible for selecting a password and maintaining its secrecy. Under no circumstances will we be liable to you or any third party for your failure to maintain the secrecy of your password.
- Our site provides forums and other means to communicate information to other site visitors. If you post information in this context, the information you post is considered public information. That information will be broadcast appropriately as public information.
In order to register for our services, you must be at least 18 years of age. No information may be submitted to us by persons under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, nor may persons under the age of 13 undertake transactions or take other legal acts on this site without such consent, unless permitted by applicable law.
If you do not wish to receive offers or other communications from us, you can opt-out by emailing customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the opt-out link that appears in our email correspondence. You can also edit your account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time and may opt out of receiving promotional email communications in that fashion. You also have the ability to cancel or delete your account by contacting our customer service. But after deleting your account, you will not have access to features that require payment unless you re-subscribe. We reserve the right to send you announcements relating to services that you have purchased without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
We may update this policy from time to time. We reserve the right to notify you about changes in the way we treat Personal Information by sending a notice to one or more of the email addresses specified in your account or by placing a notice on our site in a manner and for a period of time that we determine in our sole discretion.